Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I've said it before but I'll say it again...

From magpies to butterflies...

The magpie brings us tidings
Of news both fair and foul;
She's more cunning than the raven,
More wise than any owl.

Madame Butterfly however, she lulls me straight to sleep
Like an ancient river
So very wide and deep...

The birds and I just got back from a city of powder blue skies

There's plenty of spies

Every street is crooked, they just wind around till they disappear

I look to both the birds of light and flight
for signs it will work out in the end.
To know my mind is not out of sorts, my thoughts are so loud I can't hear my own voice.

I like songs about drifters, books about the same
they both seem to make me feel a little less insane.


Walked on off to another spot, I still haven't got quite where I want.

The magpie sits on my shoulder top, the butterflies watch from afar,
They listen and guide me
They are never too far from my mind.

They ask me: Did you find what you were looking for? Do you remember what it was?
Im not sure I ever knew, but look what I found instead.

From magpies to butterflies, one thing is for sure,
There are some feelings that fill you up
That dig their roots into your skin
And never let go
They swell and blow you over
Like wind and the waves.

A transformation within the times,
The birds of light and whimsical flight
Will guide me through the way…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!...