Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I am nothing without you...

This year could not have been possible without the unwavered support, love, trust, dedication and commitment from these people. From the bottom of my heart I thank you, I am nothing without you.

Josh Muller.

My mad scientist who keeps me sane. He has been roped into every modelling opportunity I could possibly tie him down for, has helped with financials, planning and creative, held my hand when times got tough, accompanied me on op-shopping missions and been sent on missions of his own. He has been my rock. He has motivated me, encouraged me, supported me and lived and breathed gran's loose change by default! Thank you Aloysius, one million thank yous.

Julia Keddell.

My photographer extraordinaire. My friend, and now my flatmate. Julia has done product shots (both modelling and photographing), shot all three of my lookbooks, has done last minute ads, print files and everything else in between that I needed urgently and couldn't do myself. She has offered advice, creative opinion and more...Jules, you have been invaluable to gran's loose change this year and I thank you so very much.

Adam Bomb.

My flatmate for the past year and therefore an accessible body that has been roped into doing product shots - sometimes very last minute, like 'oh Adam! Hey! You just walked in from the beach/work/surfing, oh yeah that's great come over here we need to do some shots"...Thanks Adam!

Finn Geoghegan.

Another friend who has been an absolute treasure! Finn has given me his body and time in order to shoot product shots (and our winter '10 lookbook, despite being EXTREMELY hungover) and I am very, very grateful! Thanks Finn!

Jamee Thomas and Nat Brownrigg.

My beautiful ladies who gave me their bodies for our winter '10 lookbook and [Jamee] summer '10/11. Their time, style and bodies were more than I could ever have asked for. Thanks for helping me live the dream girls. I love you. Thank you.

Natalie Peri and Georgia Davis.

Nat was a stranger when we met for a wine and a friend when we left. An amazingly creative wee soul who has followed gran's loose change from the start. She has her own jewellery range 'One of Spades' that she launched at The Little Big Markets and is always on hand to offer help, support or her hands when I am run off my feet. Eternally grateful, thanks so much Nat.

Georgia has been my right hand woman for the past few months and has grown from strength to strength in the product shots. In fact, she could do it with her eyes closed now. Always willing to help out at the drop of a hat, George has been an absolute asset to the makings of gran's loose change. She's also helped with The Little Big Markets and sold her little heart out. Little G, you are amazing, don't ever change.

Maggi Brunsden for her design skills, support, encouragement and motivation; Juliet Mclaren for her creative wisdom and design genius (WATCH THIS SPACE 2011); Kate McGahan, Lucy Pilkington, Bridgette White, Jess Daniell and Lisa Fedezsyn for their creative critique, suggestions, words of wisdom and all round love; Cara Keogh for being a constant customer and my accountant phenomenon (Im hoping for a nice rebate at the end of financial year!).


My mummy.

For texting me everytime she has read an article about me and telling me how proud she is. Hearing those words is underrated, they can make or break a girl. Thank you for making me Mama Bear. You are my superwoman.


My aunty bro.
Aunty Stephy, I am so proud of you. Thank you for just being you.

Rachelle (and Chris Duffy).
My co-founder of The Little Big Markets. She's let me expand my empire, create a whole new project and been by my side as it's come to life. I still can't believe the magnitude of what we have created. Thanks Rachelle and Chris for opening your home to me, listening to my rants and offering support if I have ever needed it. Thank you, thank you.

Scott Daniels.
IT extraordinaire. Enough said.

Bridie Fitzgerald, Chloe Robson, Sarah Meehan and Selina Bedford.
Bridie lent me her smoking body and beauty for our very first lookbook and Chloe was the best babysitter in the world which enabled Nat to be part of my winter lookbook. Meehan, for lending us her Raglan abode for the summer lookbook and Selina for always giving me her fashion expertise and input. And above all, for being my friends. I love you.

Thank you to every single blogger and journalist that has spread the word about gran's loose change. A HUGE thank you to Zoe Walker at Viva, the response from that one article has been out of this world, Holly McCauley from Frankie mag, Amanda at Here Comes the Sun blog, the team at Fashion Guru, Tee at NZGirl, Michelle at Sideroom, Onny at World at Your Feat, Sarah from Sunday mag and everyone else involved in getting the glc name and brand into the market.


To my followers and customers...I don't know what to say other than thank you. I love your guts!! You keep the store alive, keep me on my toes and keep me motivated to make gran's loose change bigger and better than ever.


And last but not least, my gran.

She cuts every single article out and sends it to our family in Scotland. She sits next to my mum who shows her all the press on the net. She tells me what she thinks. She keeps me fresh. Gran, you are the heart and soul of this site, of this idea, of this reality. You are my motivation. I just want to make you proud. I love you.

*Disclaimer! I am sure to have forgotten someone and for that I apologise. You know I love you... Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

(P.S.
How the shit did this become something of an Oscars speech...??)

2 comments:

Tell us what you think!...