Monday, April 11, 2011

Meet the latest...

So, as you know, I have been interviewing bloggers (I check their blogs religiously) and this week's blogger is the lovely Ilana from See Me Everywhere...

What do you do?
A bit of everything really :) I am part owner of a sweet little boutique jewellery & giftsware store called Rox at The Base here in Hamilton as well as a graphic designer.


Where can we find you?
See Me Everywhere

Where do you live?
In Hamilton, New Zealand, where I have lived the last 10 years but I am originally from South Africa.

What's your favourite thing about living in Hamilton?
Hamilton is big enough to keep you entertained but small enough to know everyone. It's such a central place to live here in New Zealand, as the beach is only 40min away and the snow is only 2 hours away - so they both make me very happy. You can always find gorgeous little coffee spots and great opshops.


What inspires you?
I can find inspiration in everything. I must say, blogging has helped a great amount with finding inspiration and it's opened my world to a range resources. I also love music, so sometimes I find that a song lyric can trigger my imagination and bring forth great ideas. Books are becoming a much loved possession of mine as well, as they are always full of neat ideas! The Selby's is my absolute favourite at the moment.

Three things you can't live without?
My husband, my bunny and my friends - oh oh oh and cliche, but family!! I seriously have the best, most amazing, splendid, hot bunch of babes I call family.


How did you get to where you are now?
Mostly luck to tell you the truth. The opportunity to buy into a business just fell into our lap, and I pretty much got handed my graphics job on a silver platter (along with a lot of hard work!!). I am a very lucky girl and feel so honoured to be in the place I am in at the moment. I do believe I have a very good Daddy that looks out for me and always has the best plans for my life, so probably not so much of it is actually luck as what it was planned :)

Where do you want to be in ten years?
On some gorgeous lifestyle property with 6 kids frolicking in the grass singing songs and being the von Trapp family... okay not quite,but close! I want to be a stay at home mumma and focus on doing craft and design projects from home, including launching my own brand.

Fave blogs?
Oh wow there are seriously so many beautiful, inspiring blogs (including all my beautiful bloggy friends' which you can go through on my blog). This is just a list of a few of my favourites at the moment:

Top five songs on your ipod/playlist?
Angus & Julia Stone - Babylon
The Script - Science & Faith
Mumford & Sons - Sigh no more
The Almost - Extravagent Love
Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko
Quite a mix in music taste, I know!

Favourite quote or words of wisdom you live by...
"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice in Wonderland.
Such a great mindset to have - believing the impossible and seeing it come to pass.


1 comment:

Tell us what you think!...