Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cute and colourful...

Something a lot of people don't know about me is that I actually spent my first year of university in Auckland, at Massey on the North Shore. It was a trying time but amidst all of the change, I met a girl called Rochelle. Through Rochelle I met a whole bunch of wonderful girls including Miss Sarah Tuxford (read her blog here) and one talented little lady called Katie Coleman, best known these days as the founder and designer of 'Katiemaree Cole'.

Katiemaree Cole is a kick ass New Zealand fashion label with the perfect mix of femininity and (I think) a certain mystery...this description on her website sums her designs up perfectly.

"Katie-maree started dancing when she was 3 years old. Introduced to the fantasies explored through her various roles and productions she grew a desire and passion to explore life through the colour and design of costume.

She joined hundreds of years of tradition of exploring the femininity, adventure and romance of fashion in their day-to-day lives…

“Each day I open my wardrobe and ask myself

“What part do I want to play today?” she says.

Her designs explore the adventure of being a woman, the beauty and the elegance."






No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!...